European Agenda for adult learning and recent policy developments
The Agenda defines the focus for European cooperation in adult learning policies for 2012-20. It identifies five priorities for adult learning in Europe for 2012-14:
- Making lifelong learning and mobility a reality
- Improving the quality and efficiency of education and training
- Promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship through adult learning
- Enhancing the creativity and innovation of adults and their learning environments
- Improving the knowledge base on adult learning and monitoring the adult learning sector
The renewed European Agenda builds on the 2006 Communication on Adult Learning, and the subsequent Action Plan on Adult Learning 2008-10.
It builds on the Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training, ET2020 from an adult learning perspective and should be seen in the context of the Europe 2020 strategy and its targets of reducing early school leavers and increasing tertiary education graduates.
For further information: http://ec.europa.eu/education/adult/agenda_en.htm